St Thomas Centre Nursery is situated close to Birmingham City Centre, moving to its current site in January 2000. As part of the St Thomas Centre we have a good reputation within the local community. We are proud of our achievements during the past few years - from becoming Birmingham's First Early Excellence Centre, being part of the Birmingham Nursery School Consortium, a lead school for School Centred Initial Teacher Training and, most recently, achieving Teaching School designation working in partnership with three other nursery schools.
In 2018 we federated with 11 other Birmingham Local Authority Maintained Nursery Schools to form The Birmingham Federation of Maintained Nursery Schools:
|Allens Croft Nursery School||Adderley Nursery School||Kings Norton Nursery School||Lillian De Lissa Nursery School|
|Jakeman Nursery School||Graceland Nursery School||Selly Oak Nursery School||Newtown Nursery School|
|Shenley Fields Nursery School||Highfield Nursery School||Weoley Castle Nursery School||St Thomas Centre Nursery School|
About St Thomas Centre Nursery School
- 27 languages are spoken in the nursery (September 2019). The most popular are Arabic and Somali.
- Staff in the Centre can speak 11 different languages including Kurdish, Arabic, Hindi, Polish, Italian and Urdu
- 30% of children receive Free School Meals in their nursery year.
- Children transferred to 29 different primary schools in July 2020
- An increasing number of children access places for 2 year olds.
- 61% of children attended St Thomas Centre Nursery School prior to their nursery year either through 2 year funded places or fee paying places.